21 Reason why Magento is an Excellent eCommerce Platform
If you want to start your own online business, but you are not sure which platform to choose, this article will sure help. There are many different options, but when it comes to eCommerce websites the best answer is Magento!
We have 21 good reasons to say that Magento is the one and only platform that you should be using for your eCommerce website. Once you hear them, you will feel the same. So, let’s start:
- Magento is very popular. Over 30% of all eCommerce websites out there use the power of Magento to run their daily business.
- Magento is suitable for shops of all sizes. You can use it if you have just started your online web shop, as well as if you are a big company like Nike, Nestle, Lenovo or Samsung. Yes, they are all using Magento, too.
- Magento grows with you. While you are a small business, you will need only a core set of features. But, as you grow your requirements will become higher. So, everything you need to do is to select the option you need, and Magento will make it happen.
- Magento has a solid background. The platform was released back in 2008, and only three years later it eBay (one of the largest eCommerce websites in the world) has acquired it. eBay is still the owner of Magento, and it takes splendid care of the platform.
- Magento is free, open source platform. Yes, you read it well, it is free to use Magento. Of course, you can opt for Enterprise edition and pay for additional services, but you can also use Community or Go packages and enjoy all the benefits that it offers.
- Magento was built and designed to be eCommerce platform only. When something is created with a single purpose, you can expect it to work perfectly and do the job for you.
- Magento is quite rich in features. Just choose the set of options you need and they will be available to you. You can have everything from support for different currencies and currency rates to marketing tools, wishlists, reviews, and many similar additions.
- Magento Connect. Magento Connect is a large marketplace where you can find community add-ons and extensions. This place offers everything!
- Magento is a secured platform. When you know that eBay uses it for their business, you can rest assured that security level is quite high on this platform.
- Magento is a very stable platform. It is not very likely that Magento will crash when you reach massive traffic and popularity.
- Magento provides you with very high performances. Your websites will work great, pages will load fast, and you will not have to worry about optimizations because they are already built-in.
- Magento has a large community of developers. And you can always count on community support. If you get stuck, there will always be someone out there who knows the answer and is willing to help you.
- Magento has an excellent partner program. Use it to find certified Magento developers who will help you get the most out of the system.
- Magento is an adjustable system with an open architecture. This type of flexibility allows you to create an original design and UX and apply it to the platform without any difficulties.
- Magento supports seamless integration with many different platforms, such as Google, Salesforce, MySQL, payment processors, shipping services, etc. Use this benefit to create a system that will enable you to run your entire business from one place.
- Magento allows you to migrate from any other platform quite easily. If you are using some other eCommerce solution and wish to switch to Magento, you can do that quite quickly without worrying that some of your data would be lost.
- Magento gives you the option to manage multi-tenants. If you want to run a few online stores from the same place, that is not a problem. Magento will enable you to run them all from a single CMS.
- Magento is SEO friendly. It comes with basic SEO tools, like sitemaps, friendly URLs, meta-tags, descriptions. Use them to make your web-shop visible to your audience all across the web.
- You can create Mobile Commerce with Magento. People are using mobile devices to do their shopping more often than ever before. Make sure that you are here, too. Thanks to HTML5 support Magento can help you create a mobile shop with no need to learn a new technology.
- Magento has a few different user accounts and levels of access. This option can come in handy when you wish to include your team in the website management. Use it to make your job easier.
- Magento is great!
Have we convinced you? If you still have your doubts about whether or not to use Magento to build your web store, you are welcome to get in touch with us. We will help you make your decision and show you why we love Magento so much!